Several hopefuls to vie for District E Seat
The Elections for Open General, Orleans Municipal Parochial General, State Representative, and the District 102 Special General Election will be held on November 13, 2021.
Important dates to remember are listed below:
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is October 13.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is October 23.
- Early voting is October 30 through November 6 (excluding Sunday, October 31) from 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is November 9 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee ballot online through the state Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is November 12 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
Continue reading “Fall Races Set”
October 5, 2020 – New Orleans District “E” Councilwoman Cyndi Nguyen is launching a Unified District E Economic Development Committee that will meet the week prior to New Orleans City Council meetings to discuss upcoming zoning, land use, and policies that affect District E, as well as long-term planning for the district. Continue reading “Councilwoman Nguyen Announces Unified District E Economic Development Committee “
October 1, 2020. Department of Public Works’ contractors have completed planned field visits to Lincoln Beach as part of the Site Assessment which began in May 2020 and is scheduled to be completed and available for review in the spring of 2021. The project team is currently assessing the information collected during field work. Continue reading “City of New Orleans: Lincoln Beach Status Update for October 2020”
New Economic Development Committee to be discussed
New Orleans Councilwoman Cyndi Nguyen and District E Economic Development Liaison Victoria Lewandrowski will host a community meeting to consider upcoming land use requests that affect District E. All community members and policymakers are invited to join the discussion. Continue reading “District E Land Use Community Meeting to be held”