If you are familiar with the NOELA Newsletter or NOELA Magazine you already know NOELA Services. If you’re not familiar with either of these publications, I hope you’ll get to know us. Continue reading “Welcome to NOELA Services!”
Chalmette and New Orleans East studios capitalizing on growth
At a time when New Orleans East is searching for its niche in New Orleans’ economic landscape, one business has found a way to make use of hundreds of thousands of square feet of unused space in St. Bernard Parish to energize the local film industry.
The auction is open to the public. Anyone can register to bid on the properties.
NEW ORLEANS, LA – The New Orleans Redevelopment Authority (NORA) is conducting another ONLINE-ONLY auction of 110± vacant lots and structures located citywide. Bidding for this auction will begin on Monday, August 23, 2021 at 8:00 AM and end between 12:00 NOON and 6:00 PM on Tuesday, August 24, 2021.
The properties will sell “AS-IS, WHERE-IS” to the highest bidder. Properties are subject to a minimum bid price of $4,000 per property. There will be a Buyers’ Seminar on Wednesday, August 11, 2021. This event will be done virtually. Look for further instructions as the event date approaches.
On Thursday, August 12, 2021, structures will be open for inspection. Please visit www.hilcorealestate.com/NORA for exact times and instructions.
“As with our previous auctions, we are continuing to receive hundreds of inquiries. We are excited to make available this next pool of properties through this online auction event,” stated Brenda M. Breaux, NORA’s Executive Director.
Winning bidders are required to rehabilitate or complete construction of the property as a residence within 365 days and maintain the property in accordance with the City of New Orleans’ Code of Ordinances. The requirement to maintain the property begins immediately after closing through completion of the rehabilitation or construction. Bidders may use the property for green space if their property is directly adjacent to the property acquired at the auction.
For more information and to register, please contact Fernando Palacios at 504-233-0063 or visit www.hilcorealestate.com/NORA.
The New Orleans Redevelopment Authority is a catalyst for the revitalization of the city, partnering in strategic developments that celebrate the city’s neighborhoods and honor its traditions.
Several hopefuls to vie for District E Seat
The Elections for Open General, Orleans Municipal Parochial General, State Representative, and the District 102 Special General Election will be held on November 13, 2021.
Important dates to remember are listed below:
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is October 13.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is October 23.
- Early voting is October 30 through November 6 (excluding Sunday, October 31) from 8:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee ballot is November 9 by 4:30 p.m. You can request an absentee ballot online through the state Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is November 12 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).