New Economic Development Committee to be discussed
New Orleans Councilwoman Cyndi Nguyen and District E Economic Development Liaison Victoria Lewandrowski will host a community meeting to consider upcoming land use requests that affect District E. All community members and policymakers are invited to join the discussion.
The discussion will focus on pending zoning dockets and will announce and outline a new District E Economic Development Committee that will meet bi-weekly. The committee’s goals are to unite economic groups and encourage advancements in District E by utilizing tools available to the New Orleans City Council: policy, land use, and zoning.
For more information, or to submit comments and questions before the meeting, please email Victoria at email@example.com.
Topics of Discussion for the meeting are as follows:
- Zoning Docket 55/20 – Freestanding Signs Text Amendment
- Zoning Docket 64/20 – Campgrounds Text Amendment
- Zoning Docket 73/20 – General Planned Development District Text Amendment
- Update on Giving Hope Land Use Process (formerly Zoning Docket 69/20)
- Announcement of unified District E Economic Development Committee
The meeting will take place on Thursday, September 24 from 5:30 – 7:00 PM via Zoom.