New Orleans Business Alliance Announces New Orleans East Economic Growth Strategy
– Advertising, Retail and Community Development Efforts to Drive Growth –
NEW ORLEANS – To propel growth in New Orleans East, the New Orleans Business Alliance today announced a multi-layered strategy to promote economic and community development for the area’s approximate 85,000 residents.
The Strategy includes promotional messaging designed to reach hundreds of thousands of people, with local- and nationally-focused initiatives to drive business growth to one of the state’s most populated communities.
“While the Business Alliance is the economic development organization for the entire city, it’s important to clearly communicate the value of New Orleans East,” said Quentin L. Messer, Jr., president and CEO of the New Orleans Business Alliance. “With numerous available high traffic retail sites, significant local talent and infrastructure, New Orleans East is well-positioned for accelerated economic expansion.”
The promotional component most residents and out-of-state travelers will see is a three-month digital billboard campaign, contracted through Lamar Advertising Company. It is located adjacent to the I-10 High Rise bridge to maximize impressions during high traffic periods. Lamar’s research predicts the rotating messages will result in nearly 300,000 weekly impressions.
The billboard campaign will cover the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, as well as the Bayou Classic, the R+L Carrier New Orleans Bowl, the Allstate Sugar Bowl and NCAA National Football Championship.
“Our targeted campaign says New Orleans East is a great location for successful businesses while showing appreciation for existing business and investments in a positive, fact-based manner,” said Messer.
The outdoor campaign will consist of rotating messages highlighting both economic expansion and the diverse business entities succeeding in New Orleans East. The first round of billboards will highlight specific sectors including:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
National Retail Outreach and Opportunity Zones
In addition to advertising, the Business Alliance strategy drives for retail and business growth through data-driven tools, nationally-respected partnerships and investment opportunities:
- Buxton Partnership: Buxton is the nation’s leading retail data and target acquisition company. It has served more than 800 communities and more than 5,000 cross-sector clients.
- Retailer Conference: The Alliance attends ICSC RECon, the largest retailer conference in America, with Buxton as a partner to meet with national and regional retailers interested in New Orleans East opportunities.
- Jazzland Redevelopment: The Alliance partners with consultants Perkins + Will and TIP Strategies seeking Jazzland redevelopment opportunities.
- Opportunity Zones: The Alliance views Opportunity Zones as tools for attracting investments. By hosting the O-Zone Ready Community Workshop, Nov. 19, it will educate potential investors and work to drive community-oriented growth in underserved neighborhoods.
Messer added: “Opportunity Zones in New Orleans East present opportunities for place-based investment and growth-oriented businesses.”
Additional Neighborhood Development and Business Growth Capacity
The Business Alliance expanded capacity and efforts to benefit New Orleans East:
- Neighborhood Development: Recruited three new urban development staff members to strengthen capacity and better assist Mayor Cantrell’s Administration, City Council, community leaders and local development partners.
- Small Business Growth: Launched InvestNOLA to help scale minority-owned small businesses into enterprises with $10 million in annual revenue, plus three powerful online small business growth tools.
- Workforce Development: Launched two STRIVE International career-readiness trainings for New Orleans East residents.
- Business Attraction and Retention: The Alliance plans “familiarization tours” for business brokers and commercial real estate representatives to peak interest in available business sites there.
About the New Orleans Business Alliance
One of fewer than 70 Accredited Economic Development Organizations worldwide, the New Orleans Business Alliance is the official 501(c)(3) non-profit economic development organization created as the partnership between the City of New Orleans and the business community to enhance the economic security of all New Orleanians by diversifying the local economy, developing local talent and expanding entrepreneurial opportunity. Through an inclusive economic development strategy, we will create the perfect intersection of culture and commerce resulting in more equity and greater prosperity for all. Learn more at nolaba.org.